regina: an interview

Another Friday and another interview for you, and of course for me (I am a curious girl and I love to read about other bloggers).
We already met Regina on Milk tooth's rain, I talked about her in the beginning of April: she has a blog and an Etsy shop that I love and follow daily.
I appreciate that interview because of the enthusiasm of Regina!

Me. I have tagged your blog into my bookmarks with the tag " inspiration ", if you'd give only one tag to describe your Everyeskimo, what term would you use?
(because you talk about yourself and your daily life but also with an eye on the web)
Regina. I think everyeskimo is all about "home". In my shop, I approach vintage and handmade items thinking about how they'd work in a home. And I tend to blog about things that make me feel right at home.

Me. What is the triggering reason that makes you create a blog?
Regina. I used to journal nearly everyday. more often when I was sad. It seemed self-destructive. I find blogging to be healing, uplifting. I tend to blog more when I'm happy and feel I have something to share that might bring a smile.

Me. Today do Everyeskimo's project can be considered part of your daily job? If so how many time has elapsed before that could happen?
(I know that you have an Etsy shop - I also posted something about your bears and so on)
Regina. I do have a full-time corporate job and have to fit blogging and running my Etsy shop into every other spare moment! Needless to say, I'm unbelievably busy right now! Running the everyeskimo shop and blog full time is definitely my biggest dream, and it's getting closer every day. I'd love to have more time to spend stitching up my handmade toys and more time for hunting down great vintage!

Me. Tell me a little bit about the process of researching inspirations for your graphics, where do the ideas come from?
Regina. Most of my handmade toys come from little sketches I've done. A certain expression that appeals to me, or a twist on a standard idea (headless deer will always make me laugh). My vintage finds stem from a love of organization and growing up thrifting. From clothing to decorating, I've learned to look at an item for what it could be, no matter what its original purpose was. And you know what? It's a lot more fun that way!

Me. How many hours do you dedicate to the blog daily/weekly?
Regina. I'm probably busy with the blog about 10 hours a week. Some days I have a lot to say and simply get absorbed in the process of writing and gathering images. Other days I have a never ending to do list that I might need to take care of first!

Me. What does a typical day at work involve for you?
Regina. I'm checking the first round of emails while I'm still in bed! I stop at the post office on my way to work to send out any packages and I'll sneak in a quick blog post or shop update first thing in the morning while work is slow! I'm lucky enough to have a short commute and I often drive home for lunch. If it's a nice day out, I'll shoot as many pictures as I can! After five is when I head home and either stitch up some new toys or wrap up orders. The weekends are when I head to the flea markets, estate sales, or thrift stores. There's not a lot of down time at all.

Me. Do you collaborate with mag or other blogs? If so, which one?
Regina. Haven't yet! I hope to in the near future...

Me. How many time do you dedicate by reading other blogs?
Regina. Much more than i should! I sneak it in a few minutes at a time but I'd guess it adds up to a few hours a day! I can't help it, I love seeing all the beautiful things everyone finds, makes and photographs.

Me. What tips can you get to someone that will start a blog?
Regina. Talk about what you know. What interests you. What really gets you excited. Enthusiasm is contagious and if you're excited, I will be too.

Me. Which are your favorite blogs by the moment? What tag describes them in a better way?
Regina. Sandrajuto's blog for simply wonderful photography, Annwood for beautiful textiles, sewing, and an artistic life, Dottieangel because her sweet ways always cheer me and make me giggle.
Each one of them is a women dedicated to her own individuality and how that inspires her to create. I'd have to say the tag is "inspiration".


Me. What are you looking forward to?
Regina. I'm very much looking forward to leaving my full-time corporate job and putting even more time into my Etsy shop and blog. I look forward to being taking on more involved projects and building a brand I can always be proud to put my name on.

Thank you Regina! You have a lovely house so thanks also for the images.

Labels: , , ,