Back with a recipe

Hey I am back! I know I have been away for a while, but I have been very busy and I had to organize myself a bit, the I have also lost my way in Blogging.
I am stil not sure about the direction I want to take, and you already know I had a couple of crisis in past. I'll leave the feelings of this all for another post though.

I am back because I want to share with you a recipe: it is a so called Vegan Tuna /even though it has nothing to share with tuna) I took it form Oh my veggies, but I changed it a little bit

Prep Time
4 hours + 15 minutes

Ingredients
2 cups raw almonds
1 cup raw or roasted sunflower seeds
2 stem of celery, chopped
1/2 cup water a little of fresh parsley (to taste)
half fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)

Instructions
1. Roast sunflower seeds
2. Place the almonds and sunflower seeds in a bowl and soak them at least for 4 hours
3. Strain the almonds and sunflower seeds and transfer them to a food processor and process until a thick, gritty paste is formed.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the blender/food processor, and process until everything has come together.
5. Refrigerate the salad for at least an hour before serving. Serve with crackers or veggies (I eat it with dryed tomatoes), or make it into a sandwich or wrap with your favorite fixings.

I am honest and I'd say I don't remember anymore the taste of the real tuna, but it is a smart way to eat almonds and seeds.

Labels: , ,